Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brrrrr....cold

There's no doubt about it...winter is here. We have about 2 inches of ice everywhere. We're expecting more tomorrow. The temps are in the low 20's are are expected to dip into the single digits on Monday night. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. We've been confined to the house. The roads are too bad to go out. It's been a pretty fun day of playing. Tomorrow promises to be more of the same.

Just a couple of new things in the past day or so. Ian put his first words together last night...or at least the first that we understood. He said to our dog Molly "go pee" (which is what we say to here when she goes outside to potty). We'd probably better watch what we're saying, hmmm? Charlie reminds me of that on a pretty regular basis :)

In one of the crazy, non sleeping moments last night I realized that he was attempting to climb out of his crib. He was mad and sleepy. That's the first time I've noticed it though. We'll see how much longer we can keep him in the crib.

He's still the greatest kid ever and we look at him each day and know just how truly blessed we are. Our adoption finalization is set for Friday (January 19th). Woo, hoo!!! We'll be glad when this is over. We will celebrate "Gotcha Day" (the day we actually picked him up) in just about a month (February 17th). Looking forward to celebrating that milestone. It's hard to believe that it's been almost a year. My, my time flies.

Maybe more tomorrow if I'm still confined to the house with my two wonderful boys.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Hey Nadra,

We know the Brrrr feeling here! Ice everywhere for us too! Love the updates on sweet little Ian. I'm hoping you got my reply to your email the other day... let me know. I'm hoping we have our email problems worked out now.

Love ya,

Grace