Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby

The frozen tundra....that's Tulsa. I've never seen so much ice. Actually, I haven't even been outside since Friday afternoon. We have about 2 inches of ice and it's supposed to get down to 8 degress tonight with a high tomorrow of 20. I've got just a wee bit of cabin fever. I'm going to work tomorrow and Charlie is staying home with Ian (his daycare is closed). Since my office was closed today, I was home with Ian and Charlie worked. I'm so thankful that we have understanding employers.

Ian is going a bit stir crazy too. This afternoon, he'd had enough. He walked to the front door and began pounding on it and crying. He really wanted to go outside, but it's way too cold. Especially since he's just getting over a cold. He's not used to being couped up in the house for 4 straight days. Maybe we can take him out sometime tomorrow. Hopefully his daycare will be open on Wednesday.

One Dillon family left today (from Ohio) to get their little boy, Micah. They are the first family to travel since last June. Isn't that crazy? Several families are now waiting on passports and about 9 families are still waiting for their guardianship papers to be signed by the crazy judge. My heart truly goes out to these families. We didn't have the problem with guardianship that these families have had. Of course, our problem was with his passport. All of the families that are still waiting on guardianship are supposed to have their cases heard this week. So, please say a quick little prayer for them. These children need to come home and be with their families.

As I posted a few days ago, Friday is our big day. That's the day we finalize Ian's adoption. Woo, hoo!!! We're very excited that this day is finally here. As vocal as Ian is, I can only imagine how the court appearance is going to go. I'll be sure to post pictures of the momentus occasion.

My boys are sleeping soundly, so I'm going to go to bed now and get some rest before I tackle the roads tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck at the finalization tomorrow!! :) Hope the weather doesn't impact you (our first finalization hearing was cancelled due to Denver weather, so I feel your pain!). It's a wonderful day - such an amazing feeling to come full-circle. Congrats! Love, Amy