Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 10, 2006

Rough Day :(

Today was a rough day in the Conner household. I went back to work today. My work was fine...just lots of stuff going on. That's probably a good thing...it kept my mind off missing Ian so much.

Ian had a horrible day. Actually he didn't make it all day. The daycare center called me around 10:15am and said that Ian had been crying since about 9:00am. They were unable to console him. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't take a bottle. He wouldn't do anything. He didn't sleep well last night. He has a bit of a cold, I think. His little nose is running, but stuffy all at the same time. He has a slight...slight...cough. I think it could be the temperature change, allergies or the like. Anyway, he didn't sleep well, so I think he was a little tired. Plus, not feeling well made it rough on the little guy. So, Charlie picked him up around 11:00am and brought him home. He's been very clingy all day. When I got home this evening, he was very happy to see me, but I couldn't put him down after that or he whined. I'm not really sure what's going on with him, but I think he'll be OK.

I was really surprised when Miss Karen (the daycare director) called me this morning. He did so well on Thursday and Friday. He did great in the nursery yesterday at church. I kinda expected him to have a slight problem in the afternoon since we haven't left him for longer than 2 1/2 hours. But, it all happened this morning.

I'm hoping that he gets a good nights sleep tonight. We're going to try it again tomorrow (Tuesday). Charlie and I both have extremely busy and tight schedules tomorrow. I actually have to go to Oklahoma City for a meeting. Maybe the meeting will be short and I can get home a little early.

Please pray that our little guy settles in tomorrow. It's so hard to see him upset. The upside is I don't think he has any attachment issues with Mommy or Daddy. If his little cold is not better tomorrow, I think I'll call the doctor and see if there's anything I need to be doing besides giving him Pedicare.

Thanks in advance for all of your prayers.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I'm sorry to hear you don't feel well and that Mommy and Daddy have to work! But you will have LOTS of fun at daycare and make so many new friends! You are loved Ian.
Praying you adjust quickly and your cold/allergies go away soon!

Donna, Mike and Ryan