Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 07, 2006

Last Full Work Day At Home

Today is my last full day home with Ian. It's truly hard to believe that we've been home 6 weeks and that we've had Ian for 7 weeks. What an amazing time this has been. I've enjoyed every minute of it. He really is a good baby. He has his moments (like at 1:00am this morning), but for the most part...he's just a baby.

Yesterday I took him to visit the daycare center for the first time. He will be attending Day Schools, which is a pretty reputable and long standing center here in Tulsa. I was able to stay with him for about the first hour and then I had a bunch of enrollment paperwork to do.

He's in a class with kids who are all under the age of 2 (there's one little boy younger than him in the class). But...he is absolutely the smallest one in the class. The little boy, Cortez, that's younger then him just started walking this week. Ian has pretty much mastered crawling, but walking is a ways away. Who knows though, it might happen sooner than I realize. Because he is so small, I think the kids thought he was some kind of toy yesterday. When I put him in the floor, they all ran over and started touching him. He didn't mind that at all. But then, one of the little boys decided it was time to pull his hair. Ian didn't like that at all (who'd blame him). He started to cry (which broke my heart), but his primary caregiver (Miss Stacey) immediately went over and redirected the other child and picked Ian up to comfort him. That made me feel better. One of the little girls, Eva, just wanted to keep kissing him. I think she kissed him 15 or 20 times. When I left he was fine and when I came back...guess what...he was OK too. He was glad to see me and I got lots of hugs and kisses, but he was fine.

Today, we took him back again for a couple of hours. No fussing, no crying....just happy Ian. When I went back to pick him up, Miss Stacey said that he did great and even played in the Jupiter Jump a little this morning. It's a special week at the daycare and today they had the Jupiter Jump there.

So...Monday...that's the big day. Charlie will take him in the mornings and I'll pick him up. I think the first few days will probably be fine and then he might have a problem with Charlie leaving...but then again....he may always do well. Who knows. I am anticipating that our sleep will be a bit crazy next week. When Charlie went back to work, that week was pretty tough. Ian may surprise me.

I'm thankful that I had this time to spend with him. I'm going to miss those special moments that we had each day. I especially love it when he wakes up from his nap and is such a happy boy. I'm going to miss the days of discovery. But, I have to know that while I may not be the first person to see a lot of his discoveries, I'll certainly see them all and many more.

For those of you still faithfully reading this blog...thank you. I love to write this stuff down as I can. Please continue to pray that Mommy will adjust well when she goes back to work.

More updates later....

No comments: