Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

One Day At A Time

Things are moving right along with our daycare situation.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was better than Monday. He had a rough time in the morning, but was better by the afternoon. He ate his breakfast at home AND at daycare. But...he didn't eat much lunch. I wasn't too concerened about that since he had eaten a pretty big breakfast 2 hours before. He wouldn't drink anything that Miss Stacey offered him. She was so sweet and so very concerned about that. When I picked him up yesterday evening, he didn't see me at first. He was laughing a playing with Miss Reitha (one of the other teachers). When he saw me, it was like he thought "oooo, I have to cry"...so he did. Not really crying...just fussing. He was clingy again yesterday evening. But, that's OK. I love being near him.

Today was even better than yesterday. He had a great night's sleep and woke up in a wonderful mood this morning. When I picked him up, Miss Stacey was so excited because he drank all of his juice today. He again ate some breakfast at home and at daycare. He ate all of his lunch and even had a snack in the afternoon. He took a short nap...on the cot (which was new for him). They said that he was playing a laughing more today. He was very tired when I picked him up.

The major excitement of the day.....Ian was bitten by one of his classmates. The daycare director called me this afternoon and said that she just needed to let me know that Ian had been bitten today. They felt terrible about it. Miss Stacey said that he and some of the other kids were playing and one of them bit him. He has quite a mark on his little right hand. I felt so bad for him. I know those things are going to happen. But, just knowing that someone hurt my child gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Continue to keep him in your prayers. I know this week is tough on him and he'll probably have rough days next week and probably after that. I just want him to feel secure and know that Mommy and Daddy will always come back to get him.

We'll just take this daycare thing one day at a time and we'll get through it.

No comments: