Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 20, 2007

Things I Don't Want To Forget

It seems like there's something new every day now with Ian. It's hard for a momma to keep up. So, I'm hoping to jot these little things down so I can remember them.

He's counting to 3 all by himself. He's can also count 8, 9, 10 alone. After each set (1, 2, 3 and 8, 9, 10), he's so proud of himself.... he claps his little hands and just smiles.

He's a climber. Tonight he almost tipped the recliner over because he was climbing over the top of it. Then...he walked in the kitchen and climbed up in the chair that his booster seat is in...promptly turned around, sat down and said "buckle peese".

"Me-mote control" = remote control. "my me-mote control, daddy's me-mote control".

Tickle, tickle, tickle....one of his favorite things to do.

"Airpanes...up in ky"...."burbs up in ky"..."bees up in ky"....."aboon up in ky" (balloon). Every time he hears and airplane he stops whatever he's doing and says "airpane up in ky" Not exactly sure where he learned that airplanes are up in the sky....but that's OK.

"boose"....juice

Loves to listen to "Wheels On The Bus" and "If You're Happy And You Know It" (he's got the clapping, stomping and hooray thing down pat).

He can show us where India is on the globe. Amazing.

In daycare this week, they've worked on shapes and colors. For Ian...most everything is green. He starts off with green and then moves to the right color. But, he's always been good with shapes. His "teachers" are thrilled that he'll say the shapes when they point the them....and even get their attention and say something like "triangle". Tonight, he was all about rectangles and triangles....with a few stars and hearts thrown in.

The way he dances...or what I think is his version of dancing. He tries...it's really cute...but really funny to me.

He knows when I get the camera out that he's supposed to turn around and say "cheese". When he's tired of momma taking pictures he'll say "no cheese momma".

I think he could probably eat chicken for every meal. He LOVES chicken. Loves french fries too.

He says his name so sweetly. He's progressing nicely with his entire name. If we ask him to say our names..."say Charlie".....he smiles and says "daddy"...."say Nadra"....."momma". Eventually he'll say them, but I'm surprised that he really knows what our names are. Charlie and I usually call one another daddy and momma.

He's still not sleeping an entire night in his big boy bed. But...that will come. Hopefully.

Yesterday evening was rough. I'm not sure what was going on with him, but something was. He was incredibly fussy and clingy. Nothing made him happy...I mean nothing. He was just miserable all evening. Tonight...completely different. Who knows.


OK....I'm probably boring all of you...but it's important that I write this stuff down. Time is flying by and I so want to remember as many of the sweet, rotten and amazing things Ian does.


Tonight I saw a glimpse of a little boy...not a baby...but a little boy. Where has my baby Ian gone? He's so sweet, but he's growing up way to fast for his momma. As I watch him grow and learn, I'm just so thankful that God paved the way so that we would have the joy and honor of being parents to such a great little guy.

4 comments:

R&H said...

Your son is so beautifuL!
We are in the process of adopting from Vietnam and hope to adopt an older child from India sometime in the future.
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Beth said...

SO sweet!! That's probably one of my favorite ages... I love their little voices, how their vocabulary just explodes and how they begin finguring things out for themselves. What a precious time. Cherish it! :o)

Willis said...

Rocco can definitely relate to a picture-taking crazy momma. I think it is adorable that Ian says, "No cheese momma." I loved reading your blog. He sounds like a sweet little boy.

Heather in SC

Unknown said...

I am sooo amused! Maya is in a similar stage - just a couple months behind Ian. We are trying to do colors and EVERYTHING is 'green'. :) There were a few other things you mentioned that she does also. I luv this stage!! And blog away - luv to read the updates!