Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another "Ianism"

I'm going to bed...it's late and I have an insanely busy week at work. BUT...not before I post another "Ianism".

This morning we had breakfast in the living room. Why? Our carpets were cleaned yesterday and our kitchen was still full of stuff from the other rooms. Ian and Daddy sat in the floor at the coffee table and I sat in my rocking chair.

Ian was finished with breakfast...or so we thought. He had eaten pretty well. He hadn't touched his food for over 5 minutes and it was time to clean up. So, Charlie...being the good daddy he is...cleaned up the table. A minute or so later...here comes Ian...."where my beckfas?" The words alone were not the amusing part...but the intonation of the phrase and his little hand gestures. He had his little hands up as if to say "I don't know". He repeated "where my beckfas" several times and then proceeded to say "Ian hungee".....so we gave him a Nutri Grain Bar and he was happy. Charlie and I have laughed about this several times today.

Except for the temper....I'm loving this age. His little vocabulary is exploding and he's so expressive. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: