Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 20, 2007

It Finally Happened

Ian finally has skinned his knees. I can't believe it. He's two years old and both knees are skinned. This may sound trivial, but it's one of those "firsts" for us. When I got home this evening, Charlie said "well, we have a milestone today." Excitedly I asked...what? He said "look at his knees". Ian then points to his little knees and says "knees". So I look...sure enough...skinned. He was running at school and fell. Their not skinned badly...just skinned. I kissed them and then we put a Curious George band-aid on them....all was better after that. Until, of course, when I started to take the band aid off before bath time. He loved his "sticker" on his "boo-boo". I promised that we'd put another one on. After bath time he'd forgotten all about the "sticker".

Last night when it was bed time, out of the blue he said "blanket". He NEVER sleeps with any sort of cover. He never has. He just kept repeating it, so Charlie went in to his room and got a blanket and brought it back to us in the living room. He wanted to be covered up. I started to take it off him, and he told me, in no uncertain terms..."mine". So I covered him back up. Tonight, he wanted his blanket again. Not sure what's up with that, but he has a blanket now. We'll see how long this lasts.

Tomorrow we're going to Ponca City, OK to see some friends. A group of old Jaycees will be together for a meeting. Last week, at Amanda's birthday party, we saw Cheryl. I didn't realize that she had never met Ian. That started me thinking....a lot of people we were in Jaycees with in Oklahoma have never met Ian. So, we're going to take this opportunity to make a road trip to Ponca City. It should be a gorgeous day and it'll be great to catch up with some old friends.

1 comment:

Grace said...

So sad that Ian skinned his little knees. I've already considered putting Jadyn in a bubble (heehee). It seems that lately she's constantly bumping and falling. Thankfully, no skins, scrapes, or bruises yet. It's a good thing that kisses from mommies make all little boys and girls feel better. We can't wait to see you in May!

Grace