Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Different Easter

Today was not the Easter I had planned at all. I had planned to help the Easter Bunny hide eggs, have a great time at church, take some great pictures of Ian, etc., etc. Things don't always turn out as I plan :(

First of all...it was 26 degrees this morning. Way too cold to hide eggs in the back yard.

Second...I'm sick as a dog. I have been home from work since Wednesday evening. I had a temp of 102 this morning and I'm still coughing my head off. So...no going to church for me. Charlie didn't want to go on Easter Sunday without me.

So...instead....Charlie got the card table from the garage, ran to McDonald's (so Mommy wouldn't have to cook breakfast), and we turned the computer on the our office and watched our church service on the internet. It was not your typical Easter Sunday...but it worked.

Ian liked his Easter basket...he loved the Hershey's kisses. He's such a sweet little guy.

Even though today was not the day I had imagined, God again showed me that He is in control. We had a wonderful time just sitting around the computer, worshipping together as a family. That's what it's all about anyway....Family...God's love in our family.

4 comments:

Leveta said...

Nadra:
I know why Ian liked those chocolate kisses so well. It is because he is just so kissable. Hope you are feeling better soon and glad you had a nice Easter with your family.
Leveta

Pam said...

Hi Friend,
I hope you are feeling better today. :o( No fun!!
Just curious, I saw that you got my pictures that I sent out, but have you recieved other emails from me lately? I have sent a few....
Just wondering! If you are just super busy, I can finally COMPLETELY understand. :o) How on earth do you work full time, AND be a mom? I'd die.
Love you!
Pam

Willis said...

Ian is adorable. I enjoyed reading your blog entries. Yes, your Easter was not what you had planned. In the end, I believe God was pleased. You worshipped Him in spite of your circumstances.

Heather, adopted Rocco from Ninh Thuan March 2007

Dianna said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Yuck! I'm glad that your family found another way to celebrate Easter.