Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sick Little Guy :(

Ian has croup and an ear infection. He started coughing on Friday night. I called Dr. Sood's answering service and talked with his on call nurse. She gave me some tips and said if he wasn't doing better by Saturday for us to go to the after hours clinic at St. Francis, or if he started wheezing to go to the ER.

Saturday he was not a lot better. By noonish he was coughing a lot more and seemed to be a little more congested. We decided to take him in the the after hours clinic. We saw a very nice doctor there who told us that it was definitely croup. His lungs were clear. But.....when he checked his ears, his left one is infected. So, he put him on an antibiotic and sent us on our way.

Today, he still has a horrible cough and he just isn't himself. He'll play for a little bit and then he starts crying. He sleeps in 30-45 minute increments. His fever is down, which is good. He tugs at his little ear occasionally.

I'm probably not going to go to work tomorrow. If he's still coughing like his is now, I'm calling Dr. Sood. I know that there's not a lot to do for croup, I just don't want to miss anything.

For those of you who are experienced mom's this probably isn't a big deal, but it's the first time I've ever dealt with anything like this so I'm kinda winging it. Say a little prayer for us...especially our sick little Ian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»