Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I LOVE Being A Mom

I absolutely LOVE being a Mom!!!! I have always been pretty career oriented (and still am), but boy oh boy...this Mom stuff is pretty great. It's not all perfect, but even the crazy parts are wonderful. Maybe I'm still jet lagged. Nah.

We've been home 2 days by ourselves and we have actually had fun. Yesterday morning about 10:30am I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it the whole day. I couldn't figure out what the heck I was going to do to entertain this baby for a whole day. Miracously, I figured it out. We even made a quick run to Target in the afternoon.

Last night (Monday night) was rough. It was probably one of the roughest nights we've had so far. He didn't want to go to sleep at all. I think his little routine was messed up since Charlie wasn't home all day. He wanted to play with Daddy instead of going to sleep. He finally went down about 8:30pm. He woke up at 11:30pm screaming. Usually Charlie can calm him right now. Didn't work this time. We switched off and finally I got him to go back to sleep around midnight. Then he was awake briefly at 12:30 and then at 1:00 and then at 1:30 and then at 2:00. By 2:00am....he was wide awake and pretty mad. So...not much was working at this point. I gave him a small bottle and he drank it right down in no time and then was ready to cry some more. He finally fell asleep in my arms (love that part). I waited about 10 minutes to make sure he was really asleep before I tried to put him in his bed. He woke up and started crying again. As long as I stood there and patted his back he was fine. As soon as I removed my hand...he would just wail. So, Charlie and I switched off. Charlie wasn't having much luck either. So we decided to put him in bed with us. It took a few minutes for him to calm down, but he finally went to sleep around 3:30am. At 5:30am...Charlie moved. That woke Ian up and made him mad. So...he was crying again. I snuggled with him for a few minutes, but didn't want much to do with that. I thought I'd try putting him in his bed. That worked. He went right to sleep and slept until around 7:45am this morning. He had a pretty good day. We went to the Yale office to visit and had fun there.

He ate a great dinner. Daddy came home just as we were finishing. What a happy boy when he sees his daddy. Makes Charlie feel pretty good too. :) After we played for a while it was bath time. Bath time is usually pretty fun. But tonight....it was incredible. He has really discovered kicking and splashing. He loves it. I had so much fun just watching him.

We had our first post placement visit last Friday with Gayle (our social worker from Dillon). She is a great lady and I'm so glad that we're getting to know her. One of the questions she asked us was what did we like most about parenthood? Charlie really nailed it. It's the absolute JOY that Ian brings to us. There's now better way to describe it....pure....absolute...honest to goodness....JOY.

I remember my Mom telling me that she could never figure out where all of her time went once she had me. I can now understand that. I don't know what we really did before Ian. We're pretty consumed with this little guy. I'm sure it'll even out eventually. But...we're enjoying it right now.

We have set our date for Ian's baby dedication at church. It will be Sunday, April 30th during the 8:30am (CST) service. Our services can be seen via the web at www.tulsafbc.org if you want to pop on and watch. Of course, those of you in the area are more that welcome to attend. We were going to do the Sunday before, but April 30th is the day before our 19th wedding anniversary, so it just seemed fitting.

Looks like we have a busy weekend planned. Ian is going to attend the birthday party of his friend Ryan. He just turned one last week. He came home to be with his forever family in August from Korea. He came over last week for a play date and he is just so much fun. He taught us some valuable lessons on safety with a toddler. We're also thinking about having Ian's One Year Old picture taken. But...I may have to do that sometime next week.

Yes...Ian will be one in just over a week. Next Friday, March 24th is the big day. We're going to have his little party on Saturday the 25th. I prayed through this entire process that we'd have him home before his first birthday and God truly answered that prayer (and so many more).

I think I'm going to call it a night. Mommy is a little tired this evening. More as the days go on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nadra & Charlie, Thanks so much for still posting about your incredible experience. Your family has been in my thoughts & prayers so much. I just get goosebumps reading your posts--especially this one. If I could offer you one piece of advice it would be to cherish every moment--wait a minute--you know that. But sometimes it just goes so fast that it can be a blur. Please give Ian a big hug & kiss from all of us in West Virginia. Love, Debbie & Darrell