Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 12, 2006

First Sunday In Church

Today was a big day for us. Today was the first time Ian has been to church. He did amazingly well. Outside of a few spit ups, he was fine.

Mom and Dad got up early so that we had plenty of time for all of us to get ready. We actually had to wake Ian up at 7:00am....he was still sleeping. He didn't wake up at all last night. He got up and we cuddled for a little bit and then I gave him a bottle. He didn't want much to do with the bottle this morning...which is strange....he loves his morning bottle. Then we ate some cereal. After that, I finished getting ready. I had changed his diaper and just had a onsie on him...because I thought he'd go poop before we left. Sure enough. Just as we were getting ready to put his clothes on him...poop. So we changed that diaper and put his clothes on.

He does great in the car seat now. He fusses a little bit when I start to put him in, but he settles right down. The ride to church was filled with Ian sounds....mostly jabbering and a few "da-da's".

Being the observant little guy, he was taking it all in when we were walking to the fellowship hall (since the santcuary is being renovated). He loved the church bulletin. It made for good chewing and waving material. One of the first people we saw was Milton Kauahi. He smiled at Milton right away. Then we saw lots of people we knew. The McKnights came in shortly after we did with Nathan and Aaron. He seems to like other kids a lot. Pastor Deron came by for a few moments to visit. We settled in for the worship service. Ian was doing great. He really watched and listened as Charlie was singing the hymns. After the first few songs, Pastor Deron got up to do the welcome. He said that he knows it's hard for some people to come all the way downtown to church bright and early on Sunday morning. But this morning we had a special guest and no one had come further than he did. He went on to say, "his parents aren't aware that I'm going to do this...the Conner's have recently adopted from India and today...come on Ian....this little guy has come half way around the world to church...and he's happy about it....so I don't want to hear any complaints of driving 20 minutes to get to church." Ian did great. He smiled at Deron and looked like he was having fun. That's good...since baby dedidcation is coming up.

After worship, we went to Sunday school. We kept him with us this morning. I'm not ready for him to go into the nursery yet. He did fine for about the first 30 minutes, but then he started to get a little fussy. So I got up and walked around with him a little. We walked down to the pre-school area talked to some of the nice folks there. I think we'll put him in the nursery next Sunday just for the Sunday School hour.

He tried to nap on the way home...but I didn't want him to. We thought we'd try a later nap time today and maybe that would make a difference. Once we got home, I gave him some juice. He played for a little bit, but then the crankiness set in. He was so sleepy. He finally went to sleep around 12:30. He slept until 2:15...so a pretty good nap. He'd getting tired now. It's almost bath time. I hear him in the living room talking to his daddy.

Charlie goes back to work tomorrow morning. I'm a little worried. I'm not sure how I'll do all day by myself with Ian. I'm sure we'll be fine...I just hope and pray that I can keep him entertained.

My prayer is that Ian will always love church as much as he did today. It was a perfect service (even Bobby Hart sang today).

Tomorrow begins a new chapter in our world. Charlie goes back to work tomorrow and then in four short weeks, I go back. Hopefully the naps will be situated by then and he'll continue to sleep well at night. He's an amazing little guy and we're so blessed to have such a delightful little boy.

More as we can....

No comments: