Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Traveling In One Week

We are heading to India in just one week. We still do not have a passport for little Ian, but Anju tells Jynger that it is absolutely safe for us to travel the week of February 13th. So...we're taking that leap and leaving on Tuesday, February 14th. That's right...Valentine's Day. He's going to hate this in the future, but he'll always be my special little valentine.

People are work keep asking me if I'm getting excited. I suppose I am, but to be honest there is just so much going on right now at work I haven't really had time to get very excited yet. My friend, Lori, tells me that she thinks it won't really hit me until we are on the airplane. She thinks that's when I'll lose it. Who knows...she may be right.

We can't believe that it's finally here. We're waited for this for almost 2 years now. The last part of this "wait" has been terrible. So, so frustrating. Hopefully, it will all be over soon. We think that once we have him in our arms all of this frustration will be forgotten.

We're staying a little longer in India than we had actually planned. Monday, February 20th is President's Day. The US Embassy is closed for all US Holidays and Indian Holidays. So, that delays us a little. But...we'll have a little more time to bond with Ian before we get on the airplane for that 14 hour plane ride to the US.

Here is our schedule:
Tuesday 2/14 Leave Tulsa 10:55am
Wednesday, 2/15 Arrive New Delhi 9:15pm
Thursday, 2/16 Travel to Kolkata
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH GOTCHA DAY (we'll get Ian sometime that day)
Sunday, 2/19 Travel back to New Delhi
Thursday, 2/23 Depart New Delhi 11:45pm
Friday, 2/24 Arrive Newark, NJ 5:05am
Friday, 2/24 Arrive Tulsa, OK 1:05pm (Continental Flight 2739)


It's a long trip. Our time in New Delhi will be spent doing paperwork at the US Embassy. We will be able to sight see a little. We don't want to venture out too much. We don't want him to be too overwhelmed. He's going to be going though a lot of change is a short amount of time.

We are staying at the Sheraton in New Delhi. It's outrageously expensive, but location and convenience make all the difference right now. It's close to the embassy and it has all of the amenities of a hotel in the US. Since we'll be spending quite a bit of time in the hotel room, we wanted it to be as comfortable as possible.

I have a conference in Oklahoma City this Thursday evening and all day on Friday. So, technically my last full day in the office is tomorrow. I'll work in the office on Thursday until around 1:00pm and then we'll leave for OKC. Lots to finish up on before I leave.

As I said earlier, we still don't have his passport. So, please continue to pray that it will be issued before we actually leave Tulsa.

When we're in India, I'll try to update this as I can. But, who knows if I'll have enough brain power to do it. I think we should be able to update occasionally.

More details as I have them. Thanks to all of you who are keeping track of this by reading these messages.

No comments: