Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 12, 2005

Updated Information

I spoke with the director of the India program, Jynger, today. I tried to hold off for as long as I could to call her. Today was her first day back in the office since her trip to India. I used restraint and waited to call her until after lunch. I had to know exactly how our little guy is doing.

She said that he is a laid back baby. He's very content and happy. She said that he smiles a lot. He recognizes his caregiver and responds well to her. She said that he loves being held. He will be 9 months old on Christmas Eve. He is doing age appropriate things, but, we do realize that he will be somewhat delayed due to the time he has spent in the orphanage. The ladies in the orphanage obviously take very good care of him, but there are so many children there that there's no way any of them can get the individual attention and stimulation they need.

His shunt is working beautifully. The doctor said that he has not had any problems at all with it.

He now weights 7.6kg (16.75 pounds) and is 65cm tall (21.65 inches). So...he's still a little guy. But...when I look at the Indian growth charts, he's pretty much right on track.

We're still waiting on guardianship and hopefully that will come by the end of the year. So maybe in the next 8 weeks or so we will be traveling. I certainly hope so. I just want to get him home now.

Jynger is working on editing the video footage she took while she was there. Maybe by Wednesday evening we'll have the video to look at.

No comments: