Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 18, 2005

More News

On Thursday, 12/15/05, we received word that our legals should be out of the Kolkata court within a day or two. What does that mean? That means that we have only one more big step and then we travel. Once guardianship is issued, Mrs. Roy (the director of the orphanage) will file for his passport. She will then send the guardianship paperwork to Jynger at Dillon. His passport will take 15-20 business days.

So....now we are beginning to really look at travel dates. Hopefully by the end of January...maybe sooner...we'll have Ian in our arms and we'll be a family forever. What a glorious day that will be.

I'm beginning to panic just a little. Since neither Charlie or I have traveled internationally before, I'm concerned that we won't know what to do, where to go, etc. Worry and panic...not a good combination. I'm not worried about getting him. While that's going to be amazing and overwhelming at the same time, I think we're ready for that. Being in a strange place while being amazed and overwhelmed....that concerns me. But...we'll get through it. We know that God will be watching our every single move and will be protecting us all along the way.

Maybe my next post will be about our travel plans.

No comments: