Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 07, 2005

Referral

September 7, 2005: I had just returned from lunch and checked my voice mail. I had a message from Tami (our social worker at Dillon). She said that they had received a referral of a little boy and she wanted to know if we wanted to consider it. Why would she ask such a question? Well, he has Hydrocephalus (in lamens terms...water on the brain). He had a shunt placed and all is working well, but it is considered a special needs referral. I called Charlie and told him what the message said and we decided that yes...we wanted to take a look. We had checked "maybe" on our special needs checklist, so we felt like we needed to take a look and then talk to our pediatrician.

We received the 30 page fax from Jynger (our case manager). Wow...that's a lot of stuff to look through. We took everything to our pediatrician and waited for a call back.

In the mean time.....I spent HOURS on the internet researching Hydrocephalus. Way too much time. I had scheduled a day off on Friday, September 9th. That day, I spent countless hours on the internet and in prayer. Sometime in the afternoon, I just asked God to give me some kind of a sign and let me know if this was indeed our baby. Being the patient person I am (NOT), I kept looking at my watch and thinking "OK God, where's my sign." The afternoon and evening went on and still no sign. I knew that I probably would not hear from our pediatrician until at least Monday.

That evening, Charlie and I were sitting in the living room watching TV (around 10:00pm or so). Suddenly, out of the blue, I said "hey honey, when did we meet Anju (the director of the orphanage in India)?" He said "well, I don't know...what made you think of that?" I said "I'm not sure." I proceeded to hop on the computer and search for the date. Well of course, I couldn't get on to my outlook calendar. So, I searched the Dillon dicussion forum. When I finally found the post....chill ran up my spine and I screamed "OH, MY GOD." Charlie quickly asked, "what is it?"

We met Anju on March 24, 2005....the day Kushal was born. THERE WAS MY SIGN!!!!

So, after a few mintues in prayer thanking God for giving me a clue....I had to ask myself if I was reading too much into it. But...I still couldn't ignore and I didn't want to.

We knew we needed to wait and talk to the pediatrician, but I think God was whispering in our ears....we just needed to listen and trust.

No comments: