Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Thoughtful, cranky, crabby, sweet.....

That described about 2 minutes with Ian today. He was WILD today. He has a bit of a cough and runny nose, so I don't think he's feeling himself.

This child can be the absolute most thoughtful child on the planet from time to time. I had a broken nail yesterday and he was so concerned. "Awwww....I sorry mommy." Kissed my finger and then moved on.

Today...he's been cranky and crabby. No...why....scream...no....why...scream. That's about it.

He had to spend a few minutes in the "thinking chair" tonight and he kept trying to get up so he could come over and "tell mommy sorry."

After a day of ups and downs...he sat on my lap and out of the blue looked up and said "I love you mommy".

All better now :)

One other little tid bit from the day. One of our rules is "no throwing balls in the living room". Charlie threw the baseball (the soft kind) to Ian so he could practice catching it in his glove. Ian said "we're not supposed to throw balls in the living room." So...Mommy had to send Daddy to the "thinking chair". Ian walked him over and proceeded to "talk" to him. After the time out was over....Ian wanted to "talk" to Daddy about what he'd done. He said "Daddy, don't throw things in the living room again, OK?" Charlie and I both just about lost it.

Love me some Ian!

4 comments:

The Labontes said...

What a great way to find out that he's really taking things in! Too Cute!

Kristy

Traci said...

Nadra- finally got to peak back into your blog!! Ian is growing up...he has a beautiful smile!!

Daniel and Jamie said...

Don't you love being reprimanded by your child! :) Luke does that one too. I'd love to hear about your experience with India. Please email me at jamiesweet@sbcglobal.net

Pam said...

Love that Ian!! ;o) Micah tries the same tactics. As soon as he is put on his "naughty stool", he says, Sorry Momma! Sorry Momma! Louder each time, hoping that I will immediately let him get up. ;o) Too cute!