Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

It was a great day. The weather was beautiful and my little Ian was awesome. Lots of hugs and kisses for Mother's Day. In addition....a beautiful plaster hand print. Love the "art" projects from school...they are truly the best.

We had a great day at church followed by lunch at my favorite restaurant...Mexicali Border Cafe. Then it was home to take a nap. But....Ian took a power 10 minute nap in the car and that was it. No nap today. We went to the mall later this afternoon and then to Hunter Park. We had so much fun just watching him run around. He loves to swing and daddy loves to push him WAY too high (which scares Mommy).

He didn't go to bed until around 9pm tonight, which surprised me since he didn't take a nap. But he's sleeping soundly now in mommy and daddy's bed. Can't get this little guy to sleep in his own bed. Oh well....he'll grow out of it I suppose.

I'm truly blessed with an amazing son and one more still waiting for his mommy and daddy in Vietnam. I can't wait until next year when I have two little guys giving me hugs and kisses. It just doesn't get much better.

I'll post some pictures later....it's bedtime.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Happy Mother's Day, Nadra!! Loved the poem! Being a mom is the best!!!
Traci