Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gotcha Day 2008

It's Gotcha Day!!! Or as some might say...Forever Family Day. Whatever you want to call it...it's a special day for us. Two years ago today, we became a family of three. Two years ago today, Ian was placed in our arms forever. WOW....has it only been two years? It seems like forever.

I always get a bit emotional around this time of year. We had no idea just how wonderful parenting could be. Of course, there are those "trying" moments...but for the most part we really enjoy being Mommy and Daddy. It does help to have a great kid though. When we met Ian for the first time, I think I was numb. He was so precious and so tiny. He wasn't really tiny, but he seemed tiny to me. I thought I knew what love was....until I held my son. Then I thought I knew exactly what love was...and then I saw Ian in Charlie's arms. Not only was I in love with my son, my love for Charlie grew beyond what I could ever imagine. There's just something about seeing a child with their daddy.

Those first few days and weeks seem like a blur now. We were away from home, with a new baby...being first time parents. We were tired, scared, emotionally drained...but yet, so much in love.

We are so thankful that God chose us to be Ian's parents. His plan, not ours, was set long ago. When we had so many fertilitiy issues early in our marriage, I had no idea that God was planning to build our family through adoption. We are so blessed.

We shared our day two years ago with Todd, Michele and Ahylana. Ahly is just 9 days younger than Ian. This family is and always will be special to us. Usually you travel alone when you're going to India, but, as God would have it, we traveled with this great family. I know we'll always keep our families connected. We love you guys!!!



Today was pretty low key for us. We got up and got ready for church. Ian enjoys going into the sanctuary and listening to the Praise team sing. He doesn't know quite when to be quiet yet though. We usually take him to his class after about 20 minutes.

This evening Brad came over and we had cake and ice cream. We watched the video of the first time we saw Ian. I picked up a few balloons this afternoon. Ian LOVES balloons. He so enjoyed Uncle Brad's visit. They played and played. Then Ian was ready for a bath.

Two years ago our lives changed forever....two years ago Charlie and Nadra became also know as Daddy and Mommy....two years ago God placed this beautiful little man in our arms.

We love you Ian. Happy Gotcha Day!!!

2 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

Congratulations! What a fun celebration you had...and balloons!!! Ian is getting so grown up and continues to look so very happy :)

Julie R

Sheri said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Your blog is one of the 1st blogs I started reading...now I'm addictated!!
Ian looks so happy! does he never not smile?