Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Ian's Skin

Ian has developed some strange light spots on his face. I've tried several different types of lotions and nothing seems to work. So, today I called the doctor to see if we needed to see a dermatologist. Dr. Sood wanted to see him just to make sure it wasn't anything major. After a quick look by Dr. Sood....it's nothing to be concerned about. He said that because Ian's skin is so dark naturally, this will happen to him in the summer months. His skin is very dry and we'll just have to do our best to keep it hydrated. We'll also need to make sure we're using sunscreen at all times when he's outside. That's going to be a challenge. Sometimes Ian likes lotion and sometimes he says "no otion momma".

2 comments:

Todd and Michele said...

Nadra-
I have to admit I didn't know about this website (or maybe I forgot) Anyway, I love how you've documented things so well. It's just wonderful to follow. It's nice to hear that he's a talker around you and Charlie. Ahly isn't much of a talker around strangers either, but more than anything she is a singer around us. Who know maybe she already ahs her "calling"..... anyway aren't they just the most precious things ever!!!!!!
Michele

Dianna said...

I love the spray-on type of sunscreen - we use spf 60 for the girls and it goes on so easily. Maybe Ian would like that better? My 3 year old thinks it's fun. She's also a tad odd sometimes :)