Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

NO....NO, NO, NO

I had convinced myself that my precious little guy would be sweet and easy going forever. OK, I'm delusional. But I liked it that way.

This weekend, Ian discovered the word NO. Wow it's a fun word. He likes it so much, he says it a million times a day. The funny (not really) thing is that he knows HOW and WHEN to use the word. When he says NO, he's responding to a question or a request. He doesn't just say it once...he repeats it...NO, NO, NO. Shaking his head and pointing his little finger / hand all at the same time. He's really discovering lots of new things. I think he's testing his Independence somewhat. Momma's not ready for that. It's great fun watching him grow, develop and learn. I just don't like this "no, no, no" stuff.

Oh well, we will get through this phase. We're not the first to go through it and we certainly won't be the last.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

This particular phase lasts at least until they're 8. I'm still waiting for it to end with Natalie, although her 'no' is often interspersed with an occasional 'geesh, mom'. Ah, the joys of parenthood!

Leveta said...

Nadra:
"NO doubt about it" (o: He is so cute! I can just see him shaking that little finger and saying "no" The thing is how do you keep from laughing when he does that. I had to smile just picturing him saying it.
Leveta

Scott and Leslie said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they learn the word, "no"! Once it is in their vocabulary, does it ever go away?