Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May 1, 1987

20 years ago today...in a church in Huntington, West Virginia....a young woman and young man stood before family, friends and their God and vowed to love one another forever.

Today...a somewhat older woman and man...are still fulfilling that vow.

20 years ago today....May 1, 1987....Ian's Momma and Daddy married.

For some reason, I'm so emotional about this anniversary. God has given me so much.....an amazing husband who is the best daddy in the world.....an incredible son who makes us smile with wonder everyday....and He's blessing us again with another child. What did this small town girl do to deserve such magnificent gifts?

Charlie...if you're reading this....I was so much in love when we married. But...not really. When I look back I realize every day we have been married you have taught me how to love just a little deeper. You are my rock...my soul mate...my best friend....and I love you with every fiber of my being. Thank you for being the man you are....and the man you've yet to become.

May 1, 1987....20 years ago today....our lives began as one.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Thats beautiful. Happy Anniversery. Hope you have a wonderful day. Ian has such wonderful parents.

Pam said...

What a HUGE milestone!!! Congratulations to you Nadra and Charlie! Enjoy your day!
Hugs to you!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! And when are you going to return to Huntington so we can see you again and meet Ian? Love, Debbie & Darrell

Dianna said...

Happy Anniversary! What a special day. I hope you celebrated!

angie tucker said...

Goodness, you made me cry! What a sweet post.

Congratulations to you both!

We Love You Guys,

Angie, Dustin & Mia