Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where's My Baby?

OK, I'm having a hard time with this. Call me silly....OK. I'm thrilled that Ian is growing, developing and becoming quite the little man. But...I'm missing the baby that we brought home from India. He's growing up way to fast for me. Charlie thinks I'm nuts...and I may be, but tonight it was really hard for me. He goes back and forth about his night time bottle. That's always been snuggle time for us. For the past few nights, he hasn't wanted his bottle. Probably only 3 nights in the past 10 has he wanted a bottle. That's the only bottle he takes. We were down to 2 and then the morning one went away about 6 weeks ago. Now, the night time one seems to be going too. I know that's a good thing. I'm being selfish, but I can't help it right now. I looked at him on Sunday when he was eating dinner and he looked like such a little boy.

He's moving right along. He stands more than he crawls right now. He has only let go one or two times. When I think about the fact that he wasn't even crawling when we got him (almost 4 months ago), he's come a really long way. I'm having a hard time with him giving up the bottle, I'll be a mess when he's walking around and doesn't need me to carry him anymore.

He's VERY vocal and VERY determined. Today, Miss Stacie (at daycare) told us that he wanted his milk before he ate his lunch today. When she didn't give it to him right away....he threw his food on the floor. He gets that temper from Charlie :) Dr. Sood told us that instead of terrible twos, they start at one now. I believe it. He's constantly saying something...not sure what most of the time...but something. He does say several things clearly (light, mom mom mom, dadddddeee, dog, bath, bye bye, hey, hi, outs (outside) and bock (block)). He knows where his nose, ears, hands, feet and toes are. He knows where daddy's and mommy's are too. He still loves bath time...but doesn't like splash day at daycare or his little pool. He loves his Curious George stuffed monkeys. I got a small one for him a couple of months ago and he immediately kissed it and said "aaaawwww". Last week, I got him the Tickle Giggle Curious George. Ian loves it too. Kisses it everytime he sees it and says "aaaawwwww". We can ask him where George is and he'll go find it and then kiss it. He's got the blowing kisses thing down. He doesn't know quite when to do it....lots of times he blows kisses to the light....but he's sure cute doing it. He's a very affectionate little guy.

We have a doctors appointment next week for his 15 month check up (and his ear re-check). I'm anxious to see how much he's grown. He feels heavier to me and he looks taller. Although, his 12 month clothes are still way to big on him.

My baby is becoming a toddler. I'm excited, yet sad...but I'll make it through this little emotional pitty party.

No comments: