Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 12, 2006

Shots, Paper Flowers & Cards

Ian is doing better today. He had a great night's sleep last night and got up in a really good mood. I received a call from his daycare about 10:00am this morning. He had just thrown up. Not like him at all. I said to the director that I wondered if it could be his antibiotic and he said that was probably it so I didn't have to come and get him. I called the doctor since it's Friday and I don't really want to spend the weekend in the after hours clinic. She said to bring him in and we'd give him another shot of Rocephin. So, that's what we did. When she looked at his ears she said that they look better, but not a lot. We do have to take him again tomorrow for his third shot (at the after hours clinic). But, he doesn't have to take the Augmentin anymore (which I'm sure he'll be happy about...it's nasty, thick stuff and he makes a terrible face when he takes it).

Charlie & I are still puny, but we'll make it.

Today when I picked little Ian up from daycare, they had made mother's day presents for the moms. It's the sweetest little plant holder with cut out flowers and grass and Ian's picture on the flower. Then the cutest little card with his hand prints on it. I cried and cried. How sweet was this? I'm tearing up now just writing about it.

It's about 9:00am in Kolkata on Saturday right now. Angie and Dustin go to the orphanage to meet Mia for the first time at 11:00am. I bet their stomachs are in knots right now. Soon, they will be a family of 3. As Angie says, their "2 1/2 year labor" is coming to an end. I just can't wait to hear from them and see how they're doing. Next Friday night they come home. We're still hoping to make it to OKC for that homecoming. We'll have to see how we're feeling by next weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»