Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day 2006

Today was our first Mother's Day together. Ian woke up around 6:30am this morning. I went in to get him and then we were going to surprise Daddy. Ian's not very good at the surprise thing right now. He gets so excited and starts laughing. It's kinda cute.

After Charlie visited with Ian for a few minutes he said "go look on the dresser". But, Ian was busy crawling all over me so Charlie came back with a card. It was addressed to "Ga Ga"....that's me. It was a beautiful Mother's Day card from Daddy & Ian. Inside the card was this little jewelry pouch. After I read the card, I opened the pouch. Inside was a beautiful necklace with 3 diamonds. It is absolutely beautiful. Ian and Daddy did a good job picking this out for mommy.

Since no one in the Conner household is feeling well, we couldn't go to church this morning. Ian had a pretty good day. He played A LOT this morning and afternoon. We went out to eat later this afternoon and he started getting cranky. I think his little ears must be bothering him. He was tugging at the left one quite a bit.

Brad and Tim came over for a visit this evening. Ian wasn't in the best of moods. He smiled and played, but still a little cranky. After they left, we gave him a breathing treatment and his night time bottle. After that he was ready to go...ready to play some more. We let him play in the floor for a little while, then finally Charlie put him to bed. He fussed a little bit, but not too much.

Charlie and I were talking about how truly blessed we are. So far, we have been very lucky with Ian. He seems to be adjusting well, he's happy and healthy (except for the cold, croup, ear thing). He's very laid back.

Today was my first Mother's Day as a Mom. It was filled with lots of emotions. I miss my Mom and so wish I could have shared the moments of the day with her. She would have loved Ian and he would already have her wrapped around his little finger. I know she and Charlie's mom are watching us from above and probably laughing at us from time to time.

I remember when we were in the process of this adoption thinking about Mother's Day. Last year was rough because we were close, but yet so far from bringing our child home. Little did I know that he was only a few weeks old. Each day with Ian and Charlie is special and today they made it just a little more special for Ga Ga!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»