Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Little Better...maybe

Ian seems to be a little better today. Charlie stayed home with him. We did take him to see Dr. Jones (Dr. Sood's new partner). She checked him out pretty thoroughly. His lungs are clear but his little ears still look pretty bad. She gave him a shot of Rocephin (an antibiotic) to try to get him over this little hump. He will start back on the Augmentin tomorrow. She doesn't think he needs breathing treatments (thank goodness). So..we'll hold on to the nebulizer and the medication for a while just in case this pops up again. She said that if he's still about the same on Friday to bring him back and they give him another shot of Rocephin.

He was more playful today, plus he actually ate a little today. He's eaten more today than he has in the last three days combined. Still not back to his normal appetite, but it's improving. He's drinking a little more too, which makes me feel better.

I've picked up some kind of bug myself. Sore throat, aching, etc. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow.

Ian has his appointment with Dr. Benner tomorrow morning. Dr. Benner is the neuro-surgeon that we will see to monitor his hydrocephalus and his shunt. I've heard wonderful things about Dr. Benner so we're hoping that tomorrow's visit goes well.

Our friends Angie & Dustin left for India this evening to pick up little Mia Supritha. It's 2 1/2 years for them that they have been in this process. They have a beautiful little girl waiting for the half way around the world. Like us, they have never flown internationally so they were a bit anxious about that part. But...all of the anxiousness, frustration and pain ended today when they got on the airplane. Over 2 years of waiting is almost over. By the time we go to bed on Friday night, they will probably have Mia. I'm so excited. I just remember the feelings we had when we were leaving and then when we finally got Ian. God is so, so good!!!! We're praying for safe travel and a smooth transition for them.

I'll try to post tomorrow about our visit with Dr. Benner. Please pray that all goes well tomorrow. I'm just a little anxious about it. :)

4 comments:

Mary said...

Will keep everyone in our prayers - so sorry Ian is sick.

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

My name is Cindy Floyd and i would like to show you my personal experience with Augmentin.

I suffered from Pseudofolliculitis behind my head for years and by chance I got Augmentin from Libya without any prescription. In Europe all the doctors that I consulted could not find solution for this problem so one day I just worked into a pharmacy in Libya and showed it to the Doctor in charge of the pharmacy who adviced me to take Augmentin. I was a bit hesitant but before my returning date (after 5 days) I noticed that all the bumps are drying. and now I'm very proud of my head.

Side Effects :
None.....Miracle drug…

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cindy Floyd