Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Question of the day..."Does This Child Ever Fuss?"

Charlie and I picked Ian up from the nursery today after church and the Pre-School minister chatted with us for a while. Sabrina is fairly new to our church, but I already love her. She's so kind and gentle and her love for the children is quite obvious. When we went to Ian's room to get him, he was busy playing on the floor with another little boy. He looked like he was having great fun. Charlie said his name and he turned around and flashed that beautiful smile and said "da-da". The workers in his class told what a great little guy he is and they were amazed at how happy he is. We started walking to the stairs and ran into Sabrina again. She commented on how happy Ian is and said "does this child ever fuss?" Charlie and I both giggled and said "oh, yes...especially around nap time or when Mom isn't feeding him fast enough." We really are blessed though. For the most part is he is happy, happy, happy. He smiles at anyone who speaks to him.

Tomorrow I begin my last week off work. It's hard to believe that I've been off 7 weeks already. While I'm looking forward to going back to work, I know it's going to be hard to be away from him all day. We have such fun and it seems like everyday he's doing something new or discovering something new. He has a busy week this week. Sooner Start is coming on Tuesday for his evaluation. Thursday morning we go to daycare for a couple of hours and then that afternoon he has his evaluation with Parents As Teachers. Friday, he's going to visit daycare for a little while and then I'll go back and pick him up.

With all of that, I'm still hoping to get him to the Zoo. If I get all of my stuff done tomorrow, we might attempt it tomorrow afternoon. It's supposed to rain on Wednesday, so that probably won't be a good day.

Sometime this week, when he's napping, I really want to write down alot of the things he's done already so I don't forget them. Like the first time he really crawled (the day before his birthday).

I'm going to post a few pictures from this past week. We went to the park just down the street from our house this afternoon. He loves to be outside. We put him in the swings for the first time. At first, he wasn't quite sure what the heck was going on, but then he got the hang of it and realized that it was quite fun...especially when Daddy made him go really high. Charlie called him his "little thrill seeker." I'd have to agree with that.

I'm getting ready for bed so I can be up and ready for my last full week home with Ian. My, my...time is flying by already.

No comments: