Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Latest

It's been a pretty uneventful week so far. With the exception of a few sleepless nights, everything has been pretty good. He didn't sleep well Sunday night, so that really messed us up on Monday and then again on Tuesday. Today he had a great day at daycare. He's been asleep since about 8:30 tonight and he hasn't even made a peep. So, hopefully he'll sleep through the night tonight.

He's moving around a lot more and he's getting fast. He's still doing that combat crawl thing, but he certainly gets where he wants to go (and places he shouldn't). We've also noticed that he's becoming more vocal. He can now officially say "dog"...or as he says is "dawg". Of course he still says "hey", "da-da", sometime "da-di", then he does a bunch of vowel sounds.

I'm a little frustrated. I've had this whole camera dilemma thing going on since his birthday. My old digital camera has been in the shop since March 24th. Long story. Anyway, when Ian got his first haircut on April 7th, I took pictures with my old 35mm camera. I had the film developed and asked for a picture CD. I have the CD, but it's blank. So, I'm going to take it back to Walgreen's and have them fix it. That just really irritates me. When I get the electronic pics, I'll post a couple of haircut day. He did great and didn't cry at all. He now looks like a little boy and not so much like a baby (that's good and bad in my book).

We finally got our appointment set with the neurologist. We will see Dr. Benner on Thursday, May 11th. I'm looking forward to that visit just so my mind can rest.

Sunday, of course, is baby dedication. We're so looking forward to it. Afterwards we are going to go to Mimi's Cafe (at 71st and Memorial) for brunch. It's completely on the other side of town, but we really like it and it's kid friendly. We hope that you will be able to join us for this special day. For those of you outside of the Tulsa area, you can watch it on the web at www.tulsafbc.org Click on the sermons link and then you can watch it live at 8:30am.

Next Monday is our anniversary. Charlie and I will be married 19 years on May 1st. Wow. That's a long time. He's a wonderful man, a great husband and an amazing father. The past 2 months since we've had Ian, I've watched him blossom into this incredible daddy. Ian and I are so very blessed to have him.

Please continue to pray for our friends Angie & Dustin as they await their travel clearance to get little Mia Supritha. Mia's birthday is May 20th and we all want her home by then.

More pictures soon and updates as we have them.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I hope your pictures can be recovered. It is one of parents' greatest fears.....to not capture one of their child's firsts on camera.

Hope you can keep up with that little guy. It's good training for when he starts walking! (I won't mention the word 'run')

roxanne