Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Today we celebrated our first Easter as a family. What a glorious day. Ian got up a little too early this morning. He was awake around 5:30am...after a not so great night. He fell back asleep on our bed with Daddy. When we got him up to get ready, he was a happy, happy boy.

He looks smashing in his little suit today. I'm going to post some pictures after this post. He surprised us by NOT taking his tie off. He had in on until we got home. When I started to leave him in the nursery at church this morning, he didn't want to get out of my arms. That's the first time he's done that. I'm sure it had something to do with the week he's had at daycare.

Church was great today. We were back in the sanctuary for the first time today. What a wonderful day for that to happen. I always love Easter. The message today from Pastor Deron really spoke to me. The music was wonderful. There was a great special ensemble number by a group of men from our church led by my favorite singer...Bobby Hart. The song was called "The End of the Beginning." I wasn't familiar with the song at all, but it was wonderful and had a powerful message. How blessed are we to live in a country where we can worship freely and serve a wonderful Savior? I'm looking forward to the day when Ian can understand the Easter story.

Ian fell asleep in the car on the way home. We hadn't even reached the Broken Arrow Expressway and he was asleep. Playing is hard work. When we got home, he took a two hour nap.

After nap time, we had some lunch. Then we went out so Charlie and I could eat. I felt bad not cooking Easter dinner. But, I just couldn't get my stuff together. After we ate, we went to Woodward Park to take some pictures. Brad met us there and we had a great time. It was beautiful here today and the park was great. The azaleas are still in bloom and some of the roses are too. There were lots of people there today.

We've had a full weekend. Yesterday we went to Amanda's birthday party (Marcia and Bill's daughter). Marcia hid eggs for the Easter egg hunt in the back yard. Ian didn't quite know what to do, but we helped him find a few. Our friend Leslie's little boy, Nicky, was quite the egg finder. His little basket was over flowing with eggs. He's such a cute little guy. We got a call from Marcia tonight. It seems that one of the little boys at the party who is about 18 months old woke up today with the chicken pox. Ian is scheduled to get his chicken pox vaccination shot on Wednesday. Let's pray that it's not too late.

Tomorrow starts week two of daycare. I'm anticipating a tough day tomorrow since he's been home with us all weekend. Maybe I'll be surprised.

I hope that everyone had a blessed Easter. We certainly did!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day. I love that song. I heard David Phelps sing it at the Gaither's concert a couple of years ago. I played it for my Wednesday night class last week. It just seemed so appropriate. What a blessed time of the year. I didn't cook either. We went to some friends' house to eat. It was easier that way. I did good to get the Easter basket ready and get to church on time. Isn't it fun!! Terry