Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm ONE Today!!!

It was really weird in my bedroom this morning. Daddy came in and starting singing to me. Not quite sure what he was saying, but he was really smiling and that made me happy. Then Mommy came in and she was singing too and smiling just like Daddy. What's up with these two? They are smiling more than usual this morning. OK...I think I'll join in. I smiling now and kicking my legs...Mommy really likes that. I'm trying to tell them to pick me up but they are just standing there clapping their hands and smiling. OK....I'm ready now...PICK ME UP. Oh good... Mommy finally understands what I'm trying to tell her and she's picking me up.

OK...here come the kisses. Mommy always kisses me when she picks me up, but this morning there are LOTS of kisses. Oh...now Daddy's joining in. Something must be wrong...these two are way to happy this early in the morning.

It's the finger game...Daddy is holding up that one finger and touching my nose with it. I love this game. Wait...Daddy's kissing my head and saying something as Mommy takes my hand and makes me wave. Oh...he's leaving. Bummer.

It's just me and Mommy and the pets now. Molly (the dog) and I are becoming pals. She's likes to come close to me so I can pet her and then run away. One of these days I'll be able to run after her and catch her.

Mommy is still singing to me. I think it must be a special day or something. There have been lots of special days in the past month. First I got to meet Mommy and Daddy at the orphanage in India. Then we went on a crazy ride through Kolkata and they took me to this hotel where we played and played. Of course, I had to sleep some...not much....but some. A few days later, I got to go on my first airplane ride. Didn't like that much. We went to this really nice place for a few days and then we got on another airplane for a really, really long time. Then we got off the plane and all of these people were there to see us. Mommy and Daddy were really tired, but crying (Mommy seems to do that pretty easily). There were people coming up to me and saying stuff and smiling and crying, just like Mommy. They must be our friends. Then Mommy and Daddy took me to our house. Wow...lots of room here. I can play on the floor and they have all kinds of toys for me. I wasn't really sure how to play with all of them, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Daddy keeps telling me I'm special. Well...I know that. But, I think he really means it. He plays with me a lot and I really like that.

Today they keep saying something like Ian's Won....what did I win? Where's my prize? Wait...here comes Mommy again....she's doing that singing thing again...she's looking pretty silly....I'm laughing and she thinks I'm the cutest thing ever. She said it again...Ian's Won....wait she's doing this thing and holding up one finger. Wait...she's saying Ian's ONE. Wow, I'm pretty smart for a one year old. When did this ONE thing happen? They weren't doing it before I went to bed last night. What happened while I was sleeping? Who knows.

All I know today is I'm a pretty happy guy and Mommy and Daddy look very happy too. They're pretty cool and I think I'll keep them.

I'm getting sleepy. No I'm not. Wait, maybe I am. Being one is a hard job. Maybe I'd better take a nap so I can rest up. No...no nap for Ian. OK, here comes Mommy. She saw me rubbing my eyes and yawning. She's picking me up. Kisses again. She's the best. Now we're snuggling. I love to snuggle with Mommy. Nope...not going to sleep Mommy. You're going to do something and I might miss it. I can stay up all day....no I can't I'm really sleepy. She's putting me in my crib. I guess I didn't fool her. I'll lay here Mommy but I'm not going to sleep. Nope...not going to sleep. OK...I'm going to sleep so I'll stop my story for now...but stay tuned....now that I'm one I may have more to say later.

Ian

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Ian. Your mommy and daddy are the best---I think you all have "won." Love, All the Clarks in West Virginia

angie tucker said...

Happy Birthday, Ian!!!

Angie & Dustin (& Mia)

Anonymous said...

Happy 'WON' Day!!!! See you tomorrow. Can't wait for your party. It's my first birthday party, Ian. Alexa

Anonymous said...

HAPPY Birthday Day!!

Brad and Mary