Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Coming to America

With just a few more hours to go, we're wrapping up our stay in India. It's been an amazing journey. It would have been overwhelming just the two of us, but with a baby it's been even more so. We have had a great trip even with the small little bumps that we've had.

Ian, Daddy and the nice lady in the business center are playing right now. She's awesome. He has been giggling and laughing at her. I think it's because she looks like he does. :)

Another good night. He slept from 9:30pm until around 1:00am and then was only awake for about 10 minutes and then right back to sleep until 7:00am. He's such a fun little guy.

Charlie and I were talking this morning, we have laughed more in the past week than we have in a very long time. He's such fun. He is constantly doing something to make us laugh. He likes to "grunt talk". He told me a big story yesterday afternoon when I went back upstairs after I had blogged. I'm sure was telling me something that Daddy had done.

We are almost completely packed. We don't have to check out until 6:00pm. So, we're hoping to sneak a nap in there if we can. We just finished breakfast and Ian has a full tummy.

We have been so blessed. Ian is an amazing child. He's already doing much better than he was only 5 days ago when we got him. He's grabbing everything and he's really mobile. He's beginning to get up on his knees. Not all the time, but some. Which we wasn't even doing at all last Friday. He's so very observant. He's so curious.

We hope to some day return to India. This trip was all business for us. We were able to do a little sight seeing, but not as much as we would have liked. We had more fun just being in the room with little Ian.

To all of you, we love you and we can't wait to see you when we get home. Continue to pray for our safe journey. God has truly blessed us and He is so faithful. I know He has heard our prayers and will watch over us on our way home.

Signing off from India.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I arrived at work this morning the sunrise was beautiful, the sky clear, the birds were singing and a plane was flying overhead. I wished it was you plane. Not much longer. Nadra, you know the duck story. He sent the ducks on the way to work yesterday morning, but....as I was leaving for Bible study last night there were 7 groups of duck flying over. They were in 7 different groups, but all together. It was the most amazing site I've seen in awhile. It's up there with the first time I saw a baby born and the Grand Canyon--where you couldn't deny God if you wanted to. I am so excited for all of you. It is so precious to 'hear' you talk about Daddy and Ian. Love you, can't wait to see you. Terry

Christy said...

Good luck to you! My mom, Darla Greer, shared your blog with me and I'm sure she's mentioned her favorite grandkids before. Our adoptions were so amazing and I can't believe how quickly you come to realize how they're meant to be yours.