Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 17, 2006

Absolutely THE Most Beautiful Boy In The World!!

We have Ian!!

We finally got to meet our son around 12:45pm today. He is simply amazing. He's such a happy, happy boy. He smiles, giggle and has the sweetest little laugh.

I just can't describe all of the feelings. I've never, ever felt like this before in my entire life. The love I felt for him when we saw pictures of him and his video were nothing compared to how I felt when I held him for the first time. He is simply amazing.

He already loves his daddy. He giggles and smiles at Charlie a lot. The love I feel for Charlie has always been strong and wonderful, but when I watch him with his son I just love him even more.

We were able to talk to Dr. Butta today. She said that he is perfectly normal. Shunt is and has always been working well. He's developmentally on track and he's just a healthy boy. She was a wonderful woman. Ian certainly liked her. He just smiled and kicked his legs when he saw her. She said that is what he does every day when she sees him.

The car ride back to the hotel went much better than anticipated. He was a little fussy when we first started, but he settled right down and just looked around. All a big, brand new world for him.

He's napping now. When he gets up, it's time to eat and play some more.

Angie & Dustin....we were able to see Supritha. She was sleeping, but she is adorable. I think Charlie was able to get a picture of her. I told her you guys were coming soon to get her.

The orphanage was amazing. Small, but very clean and the babies are so well cared for. The staff there welcomed us and you can tell that they all love these children.

We're just going to hang out in the room today. We will probably venture downstairs for a walk later, but for the most part we're just going to enjoy our son.

God is truly an amazing and wonderful God. When I look at Ian, I know that all of these years without children was in God's plan. He knew that in 2006 he would bring us to our son. I found myself singing How Great is Our God a little while ago when I was holding him. We are truly blessed that God put this plan together and we listened to Him.

More as we get a chance.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awsome answered prayer. Have fun! We cannot wait to meet Ian.

Jeff, Cindy, Nathan and Aaron

angie tucker said...

God is so good! What an amazing day the three of you have had!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for visiting Mia Supritha! I can't wait to see those pictures!

We are looking forward to welcoming you guys home!

God Bless,

Angie

Anonymous said...

Charlie and Nadra,

A wise person once told me that moms carry their children under their hearts for 9 months, and in their hearts forver.
Clearly Ian has been in your hearts since before he was born.
God is great!
Enjoy his blessings.

Anonymous said...

Nadra & Charlie:

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited to hear about Ian and what a happy baby he is! We cannot wait to see him and you guys back home.

Enjoy India! What an awesome experience this must be. Take care and we continue to pray for you, Ian and your safe & happy return home!

Anonymous said...

Nadra how wonderful. I'll share with our Bunco group tonight- think I'll just print off the whole blog. We're all thinking of you and very excited for you to get back home.

Leslie

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm sitting here at work, crying my guts out! I am so happy for all 3 of you! What a trip! You have been surrounded by such a wealth of good vibes, that I knew it would turn out good. Give him, and each other, love and kisses from the CCA gang! Can't wait to see you all!

Kathy S

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing day you must be having. God is good! We can't wait to meet Ian.

That Hart's

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!! I woke up so excited for you today, believing it had happened. Even though I 'knew' it, it was beyond description to read it. I can't wait for you to come home. I am just so excited for you guys and all the days to come. Safe travel, love and prayers, Terry and Bill and Alexa.

Anonymous said...

Nadra, Charlie and Ian,
You don't know me, but I am Mia Tucker's great aunt. Angie has kept me updated on these two precious children. I am so excited for you and pray for your safe return home. I am so thankful that Ian and Mia will still be able to be "neighbors" when they get to the United States. God is so good!

Barbara Smith

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you. What an amazing week for you. I can't wait to schedule a play date or meeting date for Ian and Amanda. It'll be fun to watch our children grow up together. We'll continue to pray for you. Blessings to the 3 of you. Bill, Amanda & Marcia

Anonymous said...

Nad and Charlie,

Congrats!!!! Now you can understand how I feel everytime I look at Reanna Beth. They truly are a gift and nothing will ever compare. Have fun and enjoy! I will see you Friday. Love to all!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!.. I can tell from your descriptions of Ian that he is truly your son and is part of the divine plan for your lives. Just enjoy every day and every experience!!

Anonymous said...

Nadra & Charlie,
We are so jealous! :o) We are so thankful that you finally have Ian! It's so great to see since we have been on this journey together since the beginning. Someday, you'll hear our story too. :o)
Love,
Pam and Joel DeArmon

Anonymous said...

Charlie and Nadra,

The joy of being a new parent is impossible to describe in words, but you did it so well! I am so thrilled for your family. You have been in my prayers throughout this process and will continue to be. Enjoy the first of many amazing and precious moments with Ian as Mom and Dad.

Your faithfulness is such an encouragement!

In His Grip,
Chere' Sammons

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nadra, how beautiful...I am sitting here crying!!! The love you have as a parent is so amazing!! I never knew how much I could love someone until I had Carington-you my friend are experiencing something so wonderful! We can not wait to see you all! I'm so sad we're not going to be able to be at the airport! But Carington is already planning when she can come and play with Ian!! I'm so glad your journey is over and you have your son in your arms!!!

Much love!!!

Traci, Robert and Carington

Anonymous said...

Nadra, Charlie & Ian.

We are so thrilled for all three of you. Each one of you is so lucky to have each other. That is the way we feel about our family. Your life of happiness with your new baby has just begun, it keeps getting better and better and better. We are counting the minutes until we see you guys. We love you, Steph, Paul & Molly

Anonymous said...

Hey Nadra, Isn't it awesome to think that God has ordained this very thing in your's and Charlie's life. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and He wants to pour out all kinds of blessings on His children, and Ian is truly one of those blessings. I pray that God keep you all safe. Hope to see you all soon. Blessings Susie B.