Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Passport Please!!!!

We received guardianship of Ian in December and since then we've been waiting on his Indian passport to be issued. We're STILL waiting. We were told at the very beginning that it takes 10-25 working days for a passport to be issued. Last Monday, Jynger gave us the word that it may be the end of the month before it's issued...which is still in the time frame. Now who knows, it could be issued tomorrow. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. All I know is, I WANT THAT PASSPORT!!!! As soon as we get it, then we can book our travel and we're leaving to bring that precious baby boy home.

I'm not dealing well with this waiting right now. I can't seem to pull myself together. One minute I'm fine and the next I'm in tears. I've tried to occupy myself by doing laundry and housework...which I hate to do. It's not really helping. I just keep going into his room and sitting in there. Charlie is doing better than I am, but he still has his moments. It's kind of difficult to explain to anyone that hasn't gone through this. It's not like being in labor....at least you're in the process and you know that in a few hours the baby will be there. It's not like pregnancy even....once you're pregnant...you have a "due date". It's just this incredible longing for something you know is out there but you have absolutely no control over.

We were in church this morning and our Pastor just asked all of us to think about something that is heavy on our hearts or bothering us and just lay it at the feet of Jesus. That's what I'm trying to do. Just lay this at the feet of our Savior and He will take care of it. That's my prayer today. That I can just give all of this over to the Lord. I know He is in control.

It's amazing to me how much I love this baby already and I haven't even held him yet. He has no idea that we are about to become his parents, yet we know all about him and think about him all the time. I wonder what he'll think when he meets us?

Please continue to remember us and pray that baby Ian's passport will be issued soon.

More updates as we have them.

No comments: