Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

How Do You Say Thank You

As we are preparing for our trip to India, one of the items on the list to pack is "gift for ayahs and gift for Anju". There were some suggestions as to what other families have taken in the past.

When we really think about it...I don't know if there's any gift we can give them that will sufficiently say "thank you". What do you give someone who has taken care of your child for the first 10 months of his life? When I really stop to think about that...wow...it's a little daunting. We're doing a lot of the same type of things that other families have done. I just want them to know how much we appreciate them and what they've done for us. When we watch the video we received in early December, you can tell that these women care so much about these children. When they touch him, their touch looks so gentle and loving.

What remarkable women. I'm looking forward to meeting a few of the women who have cared for Ian. I wonder how I'll feel? What will I say? How will I ever thank them enough?

No comments: